Questions about your booking? Contact us
At Hays Travel, we have adapted our policies to include certain types of disruption, due to Covid-19. We are one of a few travel companies which has this cover available in all our policies and we feel it’s very important, in light of recent events, to buy your travel insurance as soon as possible.
Why is travel insurance important?
When it comes to booking your trip, travel insurance is important from the get-go. Although we can never foresee things going wrong, unfortunately, sometimes they do. We offer an extensive range of policies and in these uncertain times, our travel insurance gives you peace of mind from start to finish.
What's included with our insurance?*
*Terms and Conditions Apply. Please enquire with your local branch for full details of cover.
What's included with our Covid-19 cover?
- Cover if you or a member of your travelling party have a positive diagnosis of Covid-19 before departure that will prevent you from travelling.
- Cover if your close relative (who is not travelling), has a positive diagnosis of Covid-19 that will prevent you from travelling.
- Cover if you are contacted before departure by Track and Trace and advised to isolate as there is a suspicion of you having Covid-19 and therefore this prevents you from travelling.
- Cover if you are refused boarding at the UK airport due to displaying signs of Covid-19.
Curtailment Cover (if you need to cut short your trip)
- Cover if your holiday is cut short and you have to return home, be held in quarantine or you are hospitalised, due to Covid-19.
Emergency Medical Assistance Cover
- Cover if you or anyone in your travelling party need medical assistance due to Covid-19
- Cover for repatriation back to the UK
Important information about our cover and the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
- If the FCDO advice is to not travel to a destination, and you decide to still go because the airline is still going, then the policy will become void. No cover for anything will be provided.
- If you are already overseas, as the destination was safe to go to at the time of travel, but whilst away the FCDO advise against travel, the policy will still provide full cover until you return to the UK.
- If you are already overseas, as the destination was safe to go to at the time of travel, but whilst away the FCDO advise against travel, but you are advised to leave the Country as soon as possible, then you must do so! If you are on a package holiday, you must follow the advice of the Tour Operator and return on their suggested flights. Or you must contact your airline for advice on the next return flights available. If you choose to purchase a new flight, you do so at your own cost.
- If you want to book your holiday today, to depart in 2021, but the advice today is against travel, you should still purchase the policy to cover you for cancellation. The FCDO advice is based on when you travel, not when you book.
To find out more, contact your local Hays Travel branch and they will be able to answer any questions you may have. Use our helpful branch locator to find out where your nearest Hays Travel branch is.